Smart Forms (where available) are the preferred format for making and responding to applications. They are designed to make the process easier: they can be filled out on your computer and will lead you to the relevant sections, including the applicable supplemental form for your application. Smart Forms can also be saved, printed and submitted to the Tribunal electronically.
To use a Smart Form, your computer must have the following:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - this free software available on Adobe's website.
- Access to the Internet and the capacity to send e-mail.
To complete your Smart Form:
- Click on a Smart Form icon to open a blank Smart Form.
- Answer all applicable questions by typing text into the boxes and clicking the appropriate checkboxes. At any time, you may save your form on your computer by clicking the Save button. You may also print your form by clicking the Print button.
- When you are ready to submit your Smart Form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form. If you use an e-mail client (such as Outlook), a new message with the completed form attached will open. Please remember to attach other required documents to this message before sending it to the Tribunal. If you use a web-based e-mail service (such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail), please see below.
Sending your Smart Form using a web-based e-mail service:
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the Smart Form.
- In the Select E-mail Client dialog box, select Internet E-mail then click OK.
- Click Save PDF File or Save Data File, choose a location for the file, and click Save.
- Log in to your web-based e-mail service, and create a new e-mail message.
- In the Sending The PDF File dialog box in Adobe Acrobat Reader, copy the text in the To box.
- In the new e-mail message, paste the copied text into the To box. If applicable, repeat the process for the Subject and Message Text boxes.
- Attach the file that you saved earlier, along with other required documents, to the e-mail message.
- Click Send.
Portable Document Format (PDF): If you want to fill out the form by hand, use this version. Your computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free program available on Adobe’s website.
Word Format: The standard Word form is also fillable, but will not direct you to applicable sections or supplemental forms like the Smart Form does. It can also be sent electronically as an e-mail attachment.
If you experience technical difficulties, have questions about file formats or require further accommodation, please contact us.